José de Jesús Lecticio Salcines Morlote
On May 7th, 1889 was born the primogenital of Florentino Salcines and Dolores Morlote, José de Jesús Lecticio Salcines Morlote.
He registered at Havana University, the Architecture course joined at that time to the Electric and Civil Engineering, that way he could manifest himself in several frills.
Between 1914 and 1919 he realized monumental electric works like: Salcines Palace (private residence). Market Square, Guantánamo Sugar Company and the “Sagrado Corazón de Jesús” School of the La Salle Brothers.
He was designated Architect and Municipal Engineer in 1916 and he presents his project of electric illumination Guantánamo and Jamaica in combination.
He expose around 1922 a project of hydraulical supply of Yateras River with social objectives and starting from the same, it is built the first aqueduct fro the Naval Base.
He projected the Baracoa’s Railroad in 1925 and although it was not made it is considered a great value work.
The same happened with his “Project of Multiple Service”, considered as his engineering master work, consisting in building dams and hydroelectric in Yateras, Jaibo, Guantánamo and Baconao Rivers in order to supply water to Santiago de Cuba City and Guantánamo Valley.
He projected the design of the City Hall of Guantánamo (located at the terrenes of the ancient supply Market (1810)) with facade of eclectic style, the construction was made between 1834 and 1851.
In 1938 he was nominee President of the Public Salubrity and Improvement of Guantánamo. During the decade of 40th he took several trips abroad and in 1947 he was designated sub director of the Patronage.
The lustrum from 40 to 45 he dedicated his architecture work to the artdecó among them Parochial House and Rossevelt Hotel (Today Brasil).
He participates in July, 1949 in the 4th Congress of Engineering of Cuba celebrated in Havana where he presents his “Project of Multiple Service” receiving praises from well known hydraulical engineers.
Later he exposed in at the 1st Congress of Engineering effected in Rio de Janeiro, which was approved and rewarded.
At the beginning of 1960 he moved to Havana, continued his architectural works imparted lectures at the University and leaded nationally the hydraulic section of the Ministry of Public Works. Then he becomes counsellor of the National Institute of Hydraulical Resources.